CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ode to Sporty Spice

This post isn't really about my secret affinity for the Spice Girls. Even though I admit to watching Spice World more than once. DON'T JUDGE ME!
Well, I've been tracking my food for a week now. I think I've done pretty well with those goals and was even able to salvage yesterday's goal after an Einstein's soup and bagel run. I'm a sucker for some broccoli cheese soup and an asiago bagel.
Now I've come to the part where I need to get back on the exercise bandwagon. Athletic definitely is not a word I would use to describe myself, but I have aspirations. Last fall Gomefry and I ran a 5k with my coworkers and friends. My goal was to run the majority of the time. We trained, or I should say, I trained and Gomefry ran at my slowpoke pace. Jah-Jah teased me mercilessly about the fact that I had to train to run 3 miles and he can wake up one morning and decide to do a 10k. My ego is going to attribute his accomplishment to being fifteen.
After the 5k I stopped running and, consequently, losing weight. Now I'm starting from scratch again and kicking myself for not sticking with the program. I have dreams of being a triathlete, or just one of those sporty women who look cute at the gym. Both sound fantastic. So now I'm going to start my whole running (jog/walk) regime and maybe work towards a 10k or a triathlon in the spring. Maybe when I'm the big 4-0 I'll be in shape enough to do the eco-challenge.

3 comments:

Heiderhead

Whoa you are improving so rapidly with sports AND bloggin. How did you get the pic to go all black and white except for Sporty?

Jensen Family

You are such a fun writer. You seriously crack me up. So happy that you have a blog too...why no pictures of you and your honey? We need to be better at keeping in touch...maybe this blog stuff will! You know I love ya

Jensen Family

You have been tagged! Go to my blog to see what to do.