CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Winter Hobby

This winter, I decided I needed a new hobby, something that would help me stay sane at my job. So after multiple attempts of trying to convince Trine that we needed a new x-box 360, or a new HD TV, or an airsoft rifle, or even a new car, I decided to take up knitting beanies. I actually started off pretty badly, but after making a few I came up with my own patterns for making beanies. Here are a few of my recent creations. And yes, I do wear all of them, besides the one I made for Trine.

This one is gray & orange to match this hoodie & a coat I have. It isn't my favorite but it pretty warm.

This one is actually double sided...the inside has the opposite pattern in it. Notice no brim.

Also double sided...inside has black with a big green line in the middle then black on top.


I just thought this one would be fun. It is perfect to wear around the house because it is thin.


I like this one because it matches just about anything.


This is the one I made for Trine. Also double sided.

3 comments:

Sandy Brunson

Nice work Aaron! I am impressed.

Lynnette

I'm impressed! You should teach me how to knit! It looks pretty complex

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia

Aaron, you look awesome! You should have at least one picture of yourself smiling to show how happy you feel because of your new hobby.

You could start a new line of hats, called "Human Beanies" or something like that. I'd buy one for Curtis multiple times a year since he loses a hat about once a month during the fall/winter.