CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Big Ben


This, is my fourteen year-old brother, Ben. I've been meaning to write this post for awhile but just haven't been able to find a picture that I really wanted to use. Ben is almost 6' 4" so the camera angle is almost like a live shot of him towering over me. Hanging out with Ben is a joy lately. He's just such a funny guy. Last week I sat in a sweltering music store while he talked shop about saxophones for thirty minutes! This is one of my favorites from him lately. If I could figure out how to change my format to a three column I'd dedicate a section to him.

My brother is a pretty wise kid. We were talking a few weeks ago about his audition for Beauty and the Beast. I thought he would be gunning for a lead and when I asked what part he wanted Ben replied, " I just want to be in the ensemble. There need to be good people there too." Obviously, I'm not used to hearing things like that. I mean, who doesn't want to be the star?! Then I just thought how awesome it was that my brother was willing, and eager, to be in a supporting role. Although he will probably only be noticed by family and friends, he wants to do what he can to make the show a success. Good for him, I should try to model that behavior.

1 comments:

sarimose

okay, reading that just made my heart a little bit warmer.

how very cool! and i love that you have such good relationships with your siblings like that!