CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year


Welcome to 2012!

Yesterday, Asher wanted to ring in the New Year by camping. So, after church, we set up a blanket fort in the the family room and roasted hot dogs on the barbecue. It's nice having church in the morning. I feel like it leaves more time in the day for fun family activities like this.
This holiday season was really great. We loved spending time with our family and friends. Our trip to see the lights at the Temple didn't go as planned. Asher was standing on a ledge with his cousins and fell into one of the fountains. He's now afraid of the temple and says he never wants to go there again!

Aaron and I are looking forward to the next year and the possibilities that await our family. I try not to set unrealistic resolutions for myself so I don't feel disappointed by February. One thing I do want to do is create more balance in my life. So I'll be spending the next few weeks really thinking about where my time goes and what is truly most important to me.

Do you have any resolutions you'll be working on this year?

2 comments:

Sandy Brunson

Oh that's a great resolution! I'm still trying to narrow down my list of possible things to focus on. My problem is always setting too many goals for myself.

I also LOVE the story of Asher at the temple. Priceless. And good luck trying to help him get over the fear of the temple.

Lynnette

Balance is a great one. I need to work on that one, too. Let me know what great ideas you come up with to make it happen. We loved seeing you guys a couple of times, and I do hope Asher gets over his fear of the temple. I feel bad about that. It was probably my kids fault! :(