CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ridiculously Overdue

So, I decided to update the blog today since it's been almost sixteen months.  It's time Milo was introduced to the neglected blog.  Also, I should write some of this down so I don't forget how it happened. 

Last spring, Aaron and I decided to pursue fertility treatments again only to be told, after two more failed rounds, that our only option would be to do IVF.  While we know many couples who've successfully grown their families this way we didn't feel like it was a good option for us.  I remember driving home with Aaron after the appointment and talking about how we were going to be happy as a one child family.  We were stepping off of the adoption/infertility roller coaster and were going to choose to be happy with what we'd been given. 

That weekend we held Asher's fourth birthday party, where I may or may not have gone overboard with goodie bags.  Later that night Asher told us that he wanted a brother for his birthday.  We told him that wasn't going to happen.  Then we were driving home from school on the 25th of June and Asher said again that he was getting a brother for his birthday named Froggy.  I told him that he wasn't going to have any brothers or sisters but it was alright because he had cousins and friends who loved him. 

That night we received a call from my Dad saying that a baby boy had been born in Colorado that morning and that the birth mother saw our profile and wanted us to parent her child.  If we were interested we needed to get to Colorado as soon as possible.  Needless to say, I was shocked and frantically called Aaron.  We discussed the situation and decided to get ourselves to Colorado. We stayed up all night packing/washing clothes and calling family.

The next morning I went to work for four hours to teach my supervisor how to do my job and then we were on the road. Thanks to Aaron's dad we were able to find a decent hotel.  The whole area had been evacuated due to the major wildfires.  So as we pulled into the hotel at 4:00 am the next morning the air was filled with smoke.

We were able to rest for a few hours and then needed to go the hospital to meet Milo's birth mother.  She's a nice young woman and we were able to get to know her a little bit and talk about names for the baby and her family, etc.  A few hours later we left the hospital a family of four.  Asher was so excited because it was actually his birthday and he did get a brother!

Milo and I spent two weeks in Colorado staying with my dear friend Sandy, while ICPC cleared.  She was able to take some nice pictures of him and I was able to visit with his birth mom a few times before we left for home.

 
He's been such a sweet baby and a great blessing in our lives.  Here he is at ten months
 

3 comments:

Sandy Brunson

Yeah for updating the blog! And man is that Milo one cute little dude. I can't believe it's been almost a year that you were picking him up and chilling at my house. So glad he joined your family!

Kevin & Rhiannon

So glad to hear from you again and hear such an awesome story!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia

Trine! I am so happy for this update! What an amazing story, and I'm sure you only told the basic details. So cool that you got to be with Sandy for some of that time of transition. I am amazed at how you were able to receive this new person into your family and look forward to hearing more!