CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Ten Days

My summer at home is coming to an end.  I've really enjoyed being home with Lump, he is such a good baby.  A lot of people ask how I feel about going back to work, I usually respond by saying, "Fine, he'll mainly be with one of us so that makes it alright." This is true, but what I really want to say is, "It doesn't matter how I feel about going to work, it's just what's going to happen." Since, most people who ask are just trying to be nice that response accompanied by tears might be a tad alarming.  

I know I'm not the first person who has to work while they have kids and I won't be the last.  The fact that Lump will be with Aaron most of my time at work is very comforting. My, unfounded, fear is that my baby won't really love me.  This is silly since I'll only be gone 32 out of 168 hrs in a week.  Hopefully we'll be able to develop a good routine with our schedules so we'll be able to make the most of our time together, especially when Aaron and I have time off together.

4 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia

Thanks for sharing your fears and feelings about it. Courage, dear Trine! It's tough and there will be plenty ups and downs, but here's what I think can happen: With the two of you parents working together to be a family and provide for each other, you will begin to feel, overall, a stronger sense of unity and love. And Asher will feel that, too, and become very secure with the two of you and your life together.

That was our experience, anyway. It was good.

So, I'm cheering you on to this next phase and mourning with you as well the phase that is passing.

Love you!

The Letterman's

you're Trine, of course you can do it! Just let yourself cry (I did plenty of that, it's your right as a mom!)

Jensen Family

Asher is just the cutest thing! He will definitely love his mama regardless if you go to work or not. I am just happy to know that he will have his daddy looking after him while you are at work! That is awesome that you guys can make it work that way! Best of luck!

Laura

It will be good for Asher to get lots of one on one time with Daddy! But I know that doesn't make it any easier on you, Trine! Just know that you are not alone in your feelings! I also had to go back to work when my babies were not too old, and it is a very hard thing, but you are lucky to have a good, supportive husband that is willing to stay with little "Lump"! Best of luck and my thoughts will be with you!!