CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

A Blast from the Past





Confession: The first concert that I went to was New Kids on the Block. I was in the fifth grade and desperately in love with Joey MacIntire. My parents scrounged up a ticket for me to go to the sold out event, only to have me hate them inexplicably two weeks later. I'm not sure what happened, but everyone else hated them so I went with the crowd. There's no amount of groveling that can make up for the betrayal of my Joey.

Over the years I've kept track of the whereabouts of the New Kids. I admit to skipping a class in college to watch Joey and Jordan's TRL music video debut. One of the top reasons I watched and loved Band of Brothers is because of Donnie and his, now receding, hairline. Jonathan and Danny basically faded into boy-band obscurity. I even braved Dancing with the Stars while Joey was a contestant. My friend Sandy and I were ESTATIC to find out that when we saw Wicked in New York Joey was male lead. After the show the cast held a charity auction. Several audience members pooled their money together and for 5,000 Joey did a NKOTB dance. It's probably bad manners, but I cheered like an eleven year-old girl back at the Marriott Center.

Needless to say I'm excited about their reunion. Aaron thinks it's silly, but I told him that if they tour anywhere in this region I am going to be in attendance. Here's a look at the boys then and now.





4 comments:

The Letterman's

haaa haaa, I can't stop laughing, I must of missed the new kids on the block addiction era but those guys were so funny looking. . . and the sad part is time really hasn't helped for most of them, hmm I know I'm cruel. My first concert was Neil Diamond so don't sweat it ;)!

Anonymous

I love Neil too! I'd go to his concert in a heartbeat. Aaron is so ashamed of me. But as for NKOTB...I still think Joey is the best looking...quite dapper.

Kevin & Rhiannon

I loved New Kids on the Block! I still own and wear a shirt with their picture on it! I'll have to show you some time.

Strupp Family

That's wonderful. I don't think I was a NKOTB fan, but only because my older brother made fun of them, which made them ridiculous in my eyes. But that's good that your not a closet fan anymore. I like Neil too, by the way. My dad made us listen to Neil on camping trips. Brings back memories.