CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Craving Chronicles: Pasta Salad

Here is the recipe for the delicious pasta salad I've been eating for days now. The cravings started last week and I finally gave in on Friday. The beast within is satisfied....for now. Enjoy!




Dressing:
1 Large garlic clove, minced

1/3 C. Mayonaise

1/3 C Sour Cream

1/3 C Buttermilk

3 T Rice Wine Vineage (you can use 2)



Pasta Salad:

2 T salt

12 oz Bowtie or any kind of pasta you like.

8 oz trimmed asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths

2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces

8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved and lightly salted.

14 oz can artichokes, cut into sixths.

3 green onions, thinly sliced.

1/2 C pine nuts, toasted until golden.

1/4 C pesto (homemade or refrigerated prepared)



Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl; keep chilled until ready to toss with salad. Store in jar or bowl with lid.



Cook pasta and add asparagus the last 1 minute, until just tender. Drain and let chill while preparing remaining salad ingredients.



Place all salad ingredients (except buttermilk dressing) in a large bowl or transfer to a gallon-size zipper bag. When ready to serve, add dressing; toss to coat and serve.


Introducing the beast within at 27 wks.



5 comments:

Strupp Family

Fun! You still look small, although I bet you don't feel that way. Plus, from what I see it's all baby--why don't you gain 50 lbs. like me?

Kevin & Rhiannon

You barely show! Grrrrr......

Kevin & Rhiannon
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Letterman's

Hey Trine,

Sounds like you're having serious cravings! So excited to see little baby Nelson, I love the little baby count down on the blog-seems like the days are going fast, although I'm sure it's not fast enough for you. How's Aaron's new job? do I need to ask how WIA is? hope all is grand in little prego land! (pretty good, eh?) make sure to invite me to a baby shower!

The Smiths

Trine, you look so cute! I LOVE pregnant pictures- especially when they aren't of me. ;) Kim, I got you beat with 60 lbs weight gain. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

That salad looks delish! I'll have to try it out. Yum!