CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Craving Chronicles: Strawberry Pie

As promised, here is a picture of the delicious strawberry pie I made a few weeks ago. I've made one more since then, but I wasn't too pleased with the recipie...and I ruined the crust. Since, this is a long weekend I believe I'll try this again and see if I can get it to be a little less jello-like.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 quarts strawberries, hulled
1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the strawberry gelatin. Allow to cool slightly.

Arrange strawberries in the pie crusts with the tips pointing up. Pour gelatin mixture over, covering the berries.

* In this pie I actually did a cream cheese and powder sugar mix to put at the bottom of the crust so it wouldn't get soggy. It turned out alright, I'm still playing around with what could have made it better.

** You also can't eat this pie without whipped cream! Unless you have dairy allergies...or just don't like it. :)

4 comments:

Amanda Morgan

B-E-A-utiful!

Jensen Family

I must say that pie looks so yummy! I have been craving pie every since I had Tag. Oh, I love the pregnancy picture...you are looking great! I must say it is so nice to have Tag out of my belly and I know you will feel the same! Not too much longer!

Laura

Trine!! I found your blog on Shannon's and it is so good to see you! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! So exciting! Glad to see that you are doing well! Hope we can keep in touch!

-Laura (Crandall) Ellis

Nollie

You might have just convinced me to become a pie person with your gorgeous, Martha-esque creation. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks, which is to say, amazing.