CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Secret Shame



I guess this won't be so secret after I post it for the world. We don't frequent buffets because Aaron thinks they are pretty disgusting. However, I have been DYING for a potato bar my entire pregnancy. I just didn't want to go to all the effort of creating one at home. So last month I was finally indulged...twice! The first time I went with my friends Rhiannon and Annie during the Priesthood session. The next time was a few weeks later for my birthday. It was delicious.


While I was there with Aaron, the family at the table next to us got into a big fight. The climax was the grandma telling her grandson, "I wish I wasn't your grandma." Good times that just reinforced Aaron's poor opinion of the GC. It's just part of it's charm! The problem is, I'd love to go back again, but Aaron says the only way he'll go is if I'm overdue. Evil.

7 comments:

Strupp Family

Ah, the Golden Corral. It's Ok, I guess. I'm with you though, when you need a good potato or salad bar, what the heck? It's pretty cheap. Plus, I think Tuesdays kids under 4 eat free. And I'm all about that. We haven't been in like a year or something (since Tyler turned 4 :) ) But I do like to do some people watching there--it's kind of like the airport, such interesting people!

Kate @ Our Best Bites

SHAME! Hahaha, that's too funny. Everyone has their dirty little secrets... :)

Jensen Family

I happen to really like buffet, because they seem to have good salad bars! I love the part about the grandma...wish I could have been there to watch that happen! Josh always seems to make those same types of statements, so I feel your pain! It's getting closer...how are you feeling?

The Letterman's

are you still pregnant? I'm beginning to have major guilt about not visiting work before now. How late are you planning on working, ya know what I mean working tell the end or?
Janae

Palmers

Trine', LOVE your blog. And it was so good to see you this weekend. I'm very excited for you to experience motherhood, it's the best! And you will be a great Mom!

Sarah

Hey girl!! I was checking out Erin's blog to see if baby Jane had arrived and noticed one of her "friends" was named Trine. I only know one Trine and I was delightfully surprised to see it was you! This is Sarah aka Sister Johnson. We left the mission at the same time...if you do remember me here's my email. sjanej@yahoo.com
Would love to hear from you. Congrats on your baby! :)

Nollie

Nothin' to be ashamed about, especially since you're pregnant. Hey, anything goes! I loves me a good buffet every now and then, but I do have to admit that the name Golden Corral turns me off. It makes me feel like I'm a cow being herded up to a trough to feed. The feeling was reinforced by our trip to one in Virginia where we shared a restaurant with many a person who you could tell loved a good buffet as well. There might have been some mullets thrown in here and there. I prefer an establishment with a higher class name, like Chuck-A-Rama. :)