CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Update

It's about time I updated this bad boy. Usually, I have posts mulling around in my head, but then I forget to actually post them. By the time I remember to post they feel like old news.

Things are going well right now. Baby F is still very content having me as his host. It's good to know that he's doing well. My fingers are crossed that he'll make a timely debut and not be fashionably late. We feel pretty prepared for his arrival...essentials have been purchased and we just finished our prenatal class. Here's me at 34 weeks.


Aaron has been really busy with work lately, which leaves me with a lot of time by myself. I'd like to say that I'm being really productive with that time, but I'm not. Right now I'm listening to "Showtune Saturday Night". Don't worry, I know that makes me a geek. I'm not allowed to exercise right now, so sometimes I get around that by going to "float" in the pool at the gym. Most of the time, however, I watch movies.

Last night I watched Lars and the Real Girl. It was very different than what I expected. The premise was what would happen if we treated episode of mental illness with compassion instead of shying away from those who suffer. Has anyone else seen this movie? What did you think? I'm still trying to form my thoughts on the subject.

5 comments:

Anonymous

You are like the 19th person who has mentioned lars and the real girl recently. I have wanted to see it for a long time so maybe I'll go rent it tomorrow and then we can chat!

Shannon

Trine'!! I am so glad you found me! I think about you all the time and hate that we lost touch. Congrats on getting married and the coming arrival. Hope all is well and I will be checking your blog now!

The Smiths

Trine, I love this picture! I love that you took it yourself and that you have a beautiful baby in there! :) Mentioning that you are the host made me think about Stephenie Meyers new book "The Host." Have you read it? Are you into her stuff? Good reads in my opinion.

Nollie

Love the baby bump. Going for a "float" in the pool sounds heavenly right now, very womb-like. We saw Lars in the theater and I didn't like it as much as everyone else did. I think I might have been a bit biased because of the whole sex doll thing. But thinking back, Ryan Gosling was great and the way everyone treated him was the way we should be to people, right? We need you closer so we have friends to go to artsy fartsy moview with!

Andrea

Hey Trine! I found your blog through Lisa (Geiger) Erickson's blog. I LOVED Lars and the Real Girl.. it's been a while since I've seen it, but you've inspired me to rent (or buy) it soon. Congrats on your baby bump! I talked to your mom recently, and she told me about the whole Boy/Girl mix-up. Too crazy. I'm going to link you up to my blog, if that's ok!
Andrea (Green)