CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Good Read

I've been thinking a lot about trials and why life is never what we expect it to be. Basically, I've been having a pity party for Christmas. This morning I stumbled upon this post on a blog I frequent. What a helpful reminder that no matter how much our hearts hurt that we really aren't alone. There are always people who need to be loved and shown kindness. It's so easy for me to just shut down and want to hide when things become difficult. Aaron says I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. How do you find ways to pick yourself up, move forward, and not dwell on things that are out of your control?

2 comments:

Lynnette

This is a question for the ages. I have been there so many times. It is so easy when something isn't going well to start to count the things in my life that aren't going as I had planned. Before long, it feels as if nothing is going right. Everything in the world seems to crash down at once. But, if I take a step back, and look at my life as a whole, I realize how blessed I am. Trials, although hard, don't last forever. And, joy can always be found, even if it requires a little looking. For me, during those hard times, I have learned to find moments of joy. They come and go quickly, but add up to a lot if you seek them out. Sorry for the novel. I hope you have a Merry Christmas. I can't wait to see you guys.

The Letterman's

my not so profound advice,focus on the good stuff, I remember this time last year I was in the hospital having Sophie and you weren't sure if Asher was gonna happen, remember? Focus on that look what an amazing little guy you've got. . . focus on the good.