CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Targeting the Problem

Lately, since I graduated, every time I go to Target to shop I get stopped by these Primerica insurance people who want me to quit my job and sell insurance to low income families...basically get involved in their pyramid scheme so they get more money. I know it is a pyramid scheme because so many people I know have tried to get involved in selling them...they've even tried to sell Trine & me insurance. 

The first time I was stopped I tried to be polite and say "I might be interested" but the guy didn't tell me who he worked for. But after the second, third, and twentieth time I am short with them and walk away as fast as I can...kinda like people did when I was a missionary in GA. Trine even witnessed it today.

These people always start off with the same questions, "Hi, cute baby I have one myself." "Are you going to work today?" "Where do you work?" "I think I know someone who works there (then they drop a common name like Matthew)." "Do you know Matthew?" "So, you have a counseling degree?" "That's cool." I get so tired of it. I am to the point where I don't want to shop at the Target anymore because I know I am going to run into some freak who wants to use me for their own gain. (Apologies if anyone reading this blog sells Primerica).

So the questions that I have are: What about my appearance screams "I am a sucker who will fall for a get rich fast scheme?" For real, why me? Do I quit shopping at my favorite store? Or do I tell the store managers that there are solicitors in their store that need to be kick out? What you you guys do?

0 comments: