CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

30 Day Challenge

My coworkers and I were just talking at lunch about blogs and facebook.

While it's nice to stay in touch with people we know through these sites at times it seems very similar. Lately the facebook thing to do is to send around 'notes'. Those of you who use the site know what I'm talking about, but for those who don't they are the "50 more random things about you," or " Tell me about you Dentist," type of lists. How many times can you read those before all the answers start to look the same? I've been known to enjoy a good list, but I just feel like it doesn't really help deepen my relationships with anyone.

As for blogging, Andrea said that she wants to read more what goes on with real life. Apparently, she doesn't find photo shoot after photo shoot of the kiddos enlightening. Andrea is not anti-child she just wants to feel a little more authenticity from the blogs she reads. As did the rest of the table. I always have a blog post mulling around in my head, but I never post because I worry about what people will think of me or that maybe it's too depressing, etc. So I resort to cute Ash updates. While he's cute, but really, the fact that he did whatever new trick isn't necessarily what I want to talk about. After saying all of that my coworkers challenged me to blog for the next 30 days without a filter. Aaron already does this...Unfiltered Trine has not really been unleashed.

Why is it so difficult to write or share what you want? Not just what happened today, but things that we think about and feel deeply. I have friends who are capable of doing this and I really admire how candid they can be without sinking into complete negativity. So, while I won't be writing everyday, I am going to make an effort to write at least twice a week for the next 30 days and just be me. So the posts may be frivolous and they may be serious.

5 comments:

Kevin & Rhiannon

I am very much looking forward to this. :) Hope you have fun in AZ. Don't get too attached to the state, I don't want you to leave me yet.

Sandy Brunson

Oh...before I opened the comment box my thoughts were "I am very much going to enjoy unfiltered Trine." Then I say that had already been said in your comments. Sad day that I am not more unique but it was my thoughts.

I look forward to the read.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia

It's a great challenge, Trine. To write honestly--both the heavy and light-hearted things--but not pridefully. But you'll do well, and it will be wonderful to read more about you.

And I love those Asher pictures and moments. I do get to know you better through the way you share your baby. Thanks for all of it.

Heiderhead

Would the real Trine please stand up!
And yay for grad school! Yay for being poor!

Lynnette

Great idea. I love reading what people really think, although sometimes I wonder if people really care what I think. I like to see cute pictures of the kids, and definitely post my share. But, there is something to be said for a really candid post about something that is important to you. Good luck! I'm excited to read on. . .