CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just Keepin' It Real

If I drank, this week would be the week I would be plastered. But since I don't drink, I have been drinking diet coke (my drug of choice) and probably will get another one today. It has been a pretty stressful week.

Trine & I are getting more stressed by the day about how to make the transition to Arizona. We are stressed/confused/frustrated about how we are going to do the job thing. Should Trine be applying for full time work or part time? Should we sacrifice a nicer apartment that has a washer & dryer hookup in a nicer area for a cheaper apartment w/coin up laundry & cheaper utilities? Should we continue to work opposite shifts? When should we even move? And what to do with Asher if we have to work? Where are we going to find the time & money to even relocate? Oh, the stress...

On top of the above mentioned stress, Asher is teething on his stubborn top teeth (they are so swollen & have been that way for a few weeks) which causes him to just whine a lot. It's understandable, and he is just too cute to stay upset at him very long because of it...if he was an ugly baby maybe not the case ;)  

The kids at my work have been such a pain this past week. Every single one of my kids have been placed in "process time" (like detention for the bad kids) by me because of the lack of caring, the crying, the whining, the fighting, the not taking responsibility for their own problems, and constant bickering. The kids have been driving me batty. I am counting down the days I have left before I switch to the weekend grave shift just so I don't have to deal with the little brats (I really don't hate them, I'm just burnt out).

So, hook me up to an I-V with diet coke flowing into my veins and let the stress pass through my system. I am off until the weekend from work, hopefully the kids decide to pull their heads out and are pleasant...

3 comments:

Lynnette

I feel your pain! We have done the whole move-school thing often enough, that I can totally relate to the stress. Somehow, though, it always works out. I'm sure you guys will figure out what you need to do. Let us know if we can help.

Sandy Brunson

I can so relate to that. I also go on binges of diet coke. Being burned out is the worst.

And I also appreciate the stress of the move and all the major decisions and life changes.

Good luck with it all!

Shannon

Andrew has been doing to teething, grumpy thing too. Not fun. A friend just told me yesterday that her kids loved chewing on the mini dill pickles when they were teething and it was the only thing that would sooth them. Worth a try, perhaps?
Good luck with the move. I would go for the nicer apartment...