CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Maternity Leave


Yesterday was my last day at work until September.  I'm really nervous about leaving and not having a baby to stay home with yet.  When I went in yesterday I was having contractions that were about five minutes apart, I made it about three hours in and decided I was lame for leaving my apartment.  So I spoke with my supervisor and decided that I would just call it good and go home to wait for baby.  I hobbled to my car and went home. The contractions continued until about seven that night and got to be about every 2-3 minutes....THEN THEY STOPPED!!!!!!  This also happened two times last weekend.  WHY?!?!  Today is a little better, they come and they go, but nothing to regular. 

So now I'm left to wonder not only when my little boy will decided to grace us with his presence, but was it dumb not to try to tough it out and work for another week?  What do you think?

5 comments:

Jensen Family

Trust me...you will be glad to have had this time all to yourself before the baby comes. I know you are going crazy now, but you will be thankful in the end. Get as much rest as you can right now and just do the things you want to do because soon you will have a new bundle of joy that you will take everywhere with you! They are wonderful, but life changes over night once they arrive! I can't wait to see the little guy. So it's a boy for sure? I will send your gift if that is the case! I'll be thinking of you!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia

Trine, I've been thinking of you so often I realized I was being a poor friend not writing.

Hey, girl, you're doing your best to make the best choices for you and your family, and I think it's going to work out for you.

I am glad for you that you have this time off. You and this new person you're hosting are worth the sacrifice that is being asked of you. Even if our world doesn't place the value on parenthood and reward you as it should (in things like maternity leave and climbing the corporate ladder), you are so valuable and so worthy of every good thing.

I know it's difficult to rest your mind before a baby comes. There is so much change that happens, from the moment the baby arrives in your body and continuing long past his birth. It requires constant adjustment, grieving for what's lost, and endurance. But it yields new wisdom, greater capacity to love, and moments of great joy and positive growth.

Sorry for the sermon--can you tell I'm in the thick of motherhood? :) Anyway, I hope it helps to know that your friends are cheering for you, even all the way from Beijing.

Love,
Amanda

Strupp Family

Hey! I really feel for you. There at the end it seems you'll be pregnant FOREVER! And, for me it happened that way with the first two where I would have regular contractions for a long time, then nothing. The dumb doctors always told me to come when I couldn't talk through one because it hurt so bad. That time comes...really--you wouldn't think anything could stop me from talking. Anyway, good luck with that. At least we know you're in the "early stages" of labor. Don't you hate that term? And then it follows with: It could last from 1 hour to 3 weeks. Oh, thanks for the clarity on when I'm going to have a LIFE CHANGING EVENT. But seriously, I want to hear all about it.

Shannon

Sleep as much as you possibly can, you are about to become a zombie. If your really feeling desperate go Gor the Castor Oil.

Anonymous

Oh Trin...I would have left many weeks ago. But then I am a total slacker and you aren't. You are feeling guilty about leaving your job and you have a pretty good excuse...what with the whole pregnancy, labor, new baby thing. So, keep me posted! I look forward to seeing the little guy so he better arrive before I have to leave Utah!