CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby Tas


So thanks for the input on Aaron's Christmas survey. I think we are going to go with the wii.

As he mentioned in his post the flu hit our home last weekend. I was already trying to get rid of a cold with Asher so in order to keep him from getting the flu too we sent him, overnight, to my parents house. While there he learned a new little trick. When he's hungry he has a cough/cry thing he does. Well, my family thought that was so cute that they would do it back to him and now my son has learned that it's funny so he does it ALL THE TIME! My hope is that now that he'll get bored with the sound in a few days. It really sounds like a puppy pant/fake cough.

Needless to say, this new development made church a little difficult. We have an afternoon, meeting schedule which rolls right through nap time. Ash is a very active baby and who will really only sleep in a quiet room. Trying to get him to sleep with a congregation full of people is just not going to happen for us. I'm resigned to this, but yesterday it was if my happy baby was replaced by a Tasmanian devil. He was so squirmy and empowered by his new noise. Our Sunday school teacher even asked at the end of the block of meetings when we were going to get our baby trained. I'm not sure if he was joking, but it hurt my feelings. We try really hard to keep him entertained and to not disrupt but there's only so much I can do especially on the weeks I'm by myself. I look at all the other mom's who have babies who play quietly in their laps or drift off to sleep and I get jealous. I love my baby and am happy he's active, but I don't know how to handle that with church. Any suggestions? He's only 4.5 months so I'm not sure he's old enough for anything.

7 comments:

Shannon

Sorry you all got sick. Hope everyone is better. Andrew does the fake cough thing too and I always think he's choking or something. He thinks it's pretty cool.
As for babies and church, it pretty much just sucks till they go to nursery. You could try the mothers lounge for a quiet place. Sunday School seems to be the worst for kids. I usually spend the hour walking the hall.

Kevin & Rhiannon

Wow. You'll have to expound on that story some time. Asher is so dang cute (you know, Reed sometimes does that fake cough too). Don't worry about stupid people at church, though I know it's hard not to believe what they say. I really doubt all the other babies in the ward are perfect. They probably give them Benadryl during church, actually. And you're an awesome mom. We're letting Reed cry it out at night...1 1/2 hrs. last night before we decided to give him a binky. I'm sure people have an opinion about that...

Lynnette

Some babies are just super active. I've had a couple like that. It does make church really hard. Sometimes I wondered why I even came, as I spent almost the entire 3 hours walking the halls. Take what people say with a grain of salt, and hang in there. He's so cute! We can't wait to see him (and you guys) next month!

Sandy Brunson

Agreed. Don't take the comments from others too personally. I can see why it would hurt your feelings when you are doing all you can though. Plus, he's not a dog. "Train," seriously?

Laura

Does your sunday school teacher even have kids? Doesn't sound like it! Dillon is a few weeks away from nursery and we are counting doen the days!! Pretty much from the time he was 6 mos old, we have been in the hall throughout the last two hours of church! I'm sorry I don't have any brilliant ideas as to what you can do, I just agree with everone else...try not to take it to heart what other people say. You are a great mom and you just do what works best for you and Asher! You can always ask your teacher to hold/entertain Asher (especially when Aaron's not there) and ask him to show you his special tricks! :) Glad you are all on the mend!

The Smiths

I bet most Moms think THEIR OWN child is the who is most disruptive in church. When actually, they're all probably about the same. Such is life. Since I don't have a little one anymore, I enjoy the entertainment they provide. Sometimes, the teacher needs a little help in spicing up the lesson. Your teacher probably needed the help. :)

Jensen Family

I know what it is like to have active little ones and have that jealousy. At least you are making the effort to be there and that is what I would tell the person making the comment! It would definitely be a lot easier to just stay home! Good luck and I truly feel your pain.