CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Sick & Not So Tired

So, here it is 12:30am Friday morning and I am still not asleep. On top of that, both Trine & I are sick...we both threw up about three hours ago. I don't know about her, but my stomach is doing something fierce. I cannot sleep because of these reasons; 1) every inch of my body aches and I feel I need to see a chiropractor in order to feel human again, 2) I feel super thirsty but I don't want to drink a ton because then I will experience that slushy feeling on top of a bad stomach ache, 4) I am not tired, 5) I have a fever of 100.5 and cannot find a comfortable temperature to fall asleep in (except on the bathroom floor, which is where I am now). 

This sickness induced insomniac post is not without reason. In fact, one of the things I was planning on doing to past time was some Christmas shopping. Trine & I decided instead of buying each other things we were just going to buy one present as a "family gift." Trine & I decided it is down to two things. One, a Wii complete with a few 'mover & shaker' games. Or two, an elliptical for downstairs.

So I pose the question to those who know us pretty well. Should we go for the Wii or an elliptical? Both come out to similar prices and both allow for some exercise. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. 

5 comments:

Kevin & Rhiannon

Go with the Wii. Exercise is okay on an elliptical, but Asher will also reap the benefits of the Wii soon enough (and maybe us too). :)

Sandy Brunson

I think you should go for the ellipticle. I love the wii but I find that it really is not as much exercise as it could be. Though, it is a good time.

The Smiths

I vote for the Wii. Partly because I prefer a variety of exercise choices, not just one machine. It gets boring and uninspiring. And mostly because you'll have more "family fun" with the Wii (kids included!)

Lynnette

I hope you feel better! Oh, and I would probably go with the wii. We have owned a few pieces of exercize equipment, and most of the time it just goes unused. That may say something of our commitment. But, I think it just gets boring after a few days.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia

I still remember last Christmas doing Wii boxing from an easy chair while I was pregnant at one a.m. I was ridiculous, but boy did I work up a sweat! Good family times.