CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Future Cheftestant


I really enjoy cooking. Asher and I cook together on occasion. That's us making a lasagna. My ideal home is one with a large, fully stocked kitchen. William's Sanoma is one of my happy places. Mandy, one of my best friends, is probably the best cook I know. One day I will have her skills! Seriously, the woman doesn't measure. She just pours and it turns out beautiful. Lately, I've been making an effort to add two new vegetarian meals to my rotation of meals each week. I haven't gotten brave enough to cook with tofu yet, but I'm become more skilled with beans. This weekend I made Thai Peanut Noodles from the Best Bite blog and added more veggies.

Aaron and I usually look forward to Hell's Kitchen in the summer, the contestants don't have any amazing skill, but Gordon Ramsey is semi-amusing. However, during one of my six hour bouts of false labor I discovered the greatest show...Top Chef. It's a show for people who can actually cook! Aside from the reality show aspect, it was exciting to watch the cheftestants complete all of the challenges. My favorite was how two teams had to cater a whole wedding a 24 hours. Since we don't have cable I'm happy to discover that Bravo now has episodes online. Yippee!

2 comments:

Heather S.

Trine! So good to see you after so long. Your boy is absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Nollie

Agreed, Top Chef is great. I've only seen it twice (last March in AZ with Bekka), but I know I would be hooked. Kind of like WNTW or ANTM. Are you a vegetarian as well? I couldn't remember if just Aaron was or if you'd both gone veg. We went to Pei Wei a few weeks ago and I had a killer Pad Thai with tofu in it. Might be an option.