CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Adventures in Arizona

As I said in the previous post, we've arrived safe and sound. Getting here was a little bit tricky. Our car, affectionately called the ghetto sled, was hit while parked at Mimi's Cafe. Of course the perp didn't leave a note or anything descent so we filled a police report, got a new tire, and hammered out most of the damage. I refuse to actually put any work into cosmetics for this car. I have pictures of this on my phone but can't figure out how to get it linked to my computer.

All that drama was taking place while we were loading our truck. That went really smoothly thanks to the help of our families. Everyone was great about the heat and the lack of sleeping in they were missing. Our truck was HUGE. I ordered the largest one because the guy on the phone told me that's what would be best. Turns out we could have ordered a smaller truck but gotten the larger one anyway due to a supply shortage. The most difficult part was trying to get the sled up on the car trailer. I think that took Aaron, his mom, and my dad two hours to do. (Aaron says it's because the instructions were worded poorly.)

We had a great dinner with the Wilson's that night and then stayed in Spanish Fork that night before leaving. Our drive was totally uneventful. The car trailer, however, blew a tire and stranded Aaron's parents in the middle of the Navajo Nation for several hours. Eventually they made it and we were able to unpack on Friday morning. Again, everyone was so helpful! Aaron's sister and mom watched the babies while we got everything situated at the apartment.

Now that we are here I think we are starting to fall into a routine. Aaron is doing homework and I'm job searching. ( Target totally rejected me today...bummer) Asher has finally calmed down a bit and started sleeping better. After being farmed out for over a week he's getting used to his new digs.

5 comments:

Shannon

Glad you made it. Hope all goes well. Target probably rejected you because you are WAY overqualified!!

Sandy Brunson

Yeah! I'm glad you made it safely. And who needs target anyway!

Lynnette

Glad you are getting settled, and Asher is adjusting to his new home. Hopefully you find a job soon!

Kevin & Rhiannon

When are you coming back??.....just kidding. Good luck with the job hunt. Whatever happened with that one job you wanted?

The Letterman's

yeah, have fun becoming Arizonians!!