CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Memory Lane

We went and saw the Mesa temple last Sunday after church. I lived in Gilbert, AZ until I turned 13 years old and wanted to see how things had changed. The good news is the temple looks the same (from the outside). The bad news is the area around the temple has gone downhill. It use to be a really nice area but now it is pretty run down. There is now a bright pink house facing the temple. We also checked out my old neighborhood. It was like a drive down memory lane, but everything changed. I guess cities evolve over 14 years. Anyway, here are some pics of the temple grounds. Enjoy.

The fountains look cool up close.

Here's a little trivia...the Mesa Temple was the first temple to have sessions in a different language other than English.

Love the cactus garden.

Can you spot Trine & Asher? They are behind the pillar on the right, you can see Trine's arms pushing the stroller.

I really wanted that sun flare in the picture.

1 comments:

Lynnette

When we first moved here, I also drove by the old house. It is weird to think of all the memories from that house, and that period of time. The temple grounds are beautiful, though. I enjoyed the pictures.