CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Recent Developments

Since we arrived in AZ, Trine and I decided that we really didn't have the money (or really the need) for cable. So, without TV everyone has actually been pretty productive. Trine has applied for multiple jobs a day (despite being rejected by Target) and read three books in three days. I have been able to finish all of the assignments (four) needed for my online class giving me an extra two weeks to study for the final I need to pass in order to attend Grad School (wish me luck). Asher probably has made the most advances out of all of us.

In the past week (yes we have been in 100 degree+ weather for that long), Asher has become a stacker, increased his climbing and gymnastic skills, and even made it through 2 out of 3 meetings at church yesterday. Asher has lost interest in the entertainment center because we unplugged the chords. Asher has finally figured out how to use his stacker rings, ball, truck, and is trying to figure out his newly acquired shape sorter thing-a-magigger. Asher seems to be pretty happy being able to run freely around the apartment (the blessing of having no stairs). Asher also has been trying climb up over the arms of the couches in order to get to the light switch. I say try because he fell off the couch and landed flat on his back...he was pretty sad about that. But became happy when I offered him a blueberry and his blanket as comfort.

2 comments:

Sandy Brunson

I live a cable free life too. I miss it sometimes but I certainly waste a lot less time! I'm sure it's a good thing.

Lynnette

Oh, the benefits of no TV! Glad it is going well.